In accordance with the Standing Rules of the MUME Consortium (Article 13), the Scientific and Educational Advisory Council is the consultative and advisory body of the Consortium and is made up of a maximum of 22 people of renowned professional prestige in the activities that are the object of the Exile Memorial Museum.
The functions of the Scientific and Educational Advisory Council are the following:
1. Proposing updating of activities of the museum projects and the interpretation centres.
2. Proposing the historiographic content of the activities as well as the general scientific and educational axes.
3. Defining the scientific, historical and educational contents.
4. Proposing relations with the scientific and educational community to guarantee the quality of the activities.
5. Reporting on the educational adaptation of the contents.
6. Fostering discursive renewal and reflection on the themes of the Exile Memorial Museum.
7. Fostering, if necessary, the signing of cooperation agreements with other public and private bodies.
8. Issuing the other reports that the Board of Directors or the President require.
9. Helping the government and administrative departments of the body as required.
Members of the Scientific and Educational Advisory Council of MUME:
Alfons Quera Carré (director of MUME)
Grégory Tuban (historian)
Eduard Carbonell (museologist, member of the Institute of Cultural Heritage and professor at the University of Girona)
Geneviève Dreyfus-Armand (researcher on republican exile and former director of the Library of Contemporary International Documentation, Nanterre)
Rubén Doll- Petit (Historian)
Jordi Gaitx Moltó (historian and archivist)
Anna Maria Garcia (Emeritus Professor at the University of Girona)
Jordi Guixé Corominas (Doctor in history and director of the Observatory of European Memories - University of Barcelona)
Salomó Marquès (Emeritus Professor at the University of Girona)
José María Murià (historian and former president of the Colegio de Jalisco in Guadalajara, Mexico)
Enric Pujol (doctorate in history, associate professor at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) and curator)
Francesc Vilanova (professor at the Autonomous University of Barcelona and director of the archives of the Carles Pi i Sunyer Foundation)
Maximiliano Fuentes (Professor and Director of the Walter Benjamin Chair, Memory and History, University of Girona, UdG)
Miquel Serrano Jiménez (Historian and curator of the MUME, with secretarial functions)